Small changes can make a big difference to our semi-natural grassland fortunes and whether you can spare a small amount of time or a lot it will all make a big difference to this project. There are volunteer roles to suit all interest and skills, if you have an interest in species identification and surveying become one of our site surveyors, if your passion is environmental education why not volunteer at our events, you may be an excellent face painter, or wildlife photographer, there is a volunteering opportunity for everyone!
Some examples of the volunteering opportunities available:
- Site guardian; carry out annual surveys on the grassland you are matched to
- Events volunteer; who will help with the public events
- Photographer; an individual who can take a photographic record of the project, both of improvements in the grasslands & their associated wildlife, but also of the various events and activities, for use in the website and publication
- Website blogger & facebook; to share stories and experiences of the project through the website
- Admin & collation; an individual who will assist with the day to day admin and support of the project
- Questionaire; an individual who will assist with carrying out the public perception study
- Recruiter; a motivator who will engage with and recruit more volunteers
- Reserve; an individual prepared to provide cover when a key volunteer is unavailable at a crucial time
- Site Surveyor; assist with the identification of verges and open spaces with potential for inclusion in the project
Have a look in more detail at a few of our current volunteers, and what they have been doing to help with the project.