iReach Insights conducted a nationally representative survey on 1,000 adults in ROI to discover how they feel about bees and measures that have been taken to help them.
– 88% of individuals believe the Irish government has not worked sufficiently to help save the bees.
– 38% of people have personally taken measures to help save the bees.
Top 3 measures people have taken to help save the bees:
1. Planting different flowers that bees prefer (69%),
2. Reducing the use of pesticides (56%),
3. Telling friends and family about the importance of bees (50%).
75% are aware that bees are threatened with extinction.
Check out more on the project here – www.pollinators.ie